With integrity and respect, Hereford Dooley Architects is dedicated to providing outstanding service to our clients. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of our profession and aspire to continually develop our talents, knowledge, and experience in the interest of our clients, and ultimately the communities for which we design.
We provide student interns with the opportunity to build on what they’ve learned while making meaningful contributions in a real work environment. In this position, the team member is responsible for assisting in the preparation of architectural plans, sections, elevations, details, and presentation materials, as well as, other drafting tasks under the direction and supervision of a Project Architect(s). In performing these tasks the team member will be expected to gain technical knowledge in the design and construction of projects, in which to handle more complexity over time; as well as further develop the ability to organize, problem solve, and communicate as that applies to a wider representation of the architectural profession.
The team member must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, quickly learn new and unfamiliar concepts and tasks, collaborate with other individuals in a constructive and effective manner, and meet strict deadlines and manage competing priorities, with quality of work.
This is a full-time position which can involve over 40 hours a week. Due to the nature of the job, the team member must be able to occasionally work early/late hours to deal with an urgent matter or delay.
Supports any number of projects at various stages of work, including:
- Preparing scaled drawings and contract documents for building contractors using Revit
- Researching and identifying products (finishes, fixtures, etc.)
- Researching codes and other standards as necessary for compliance
- Assisting in the preparation of studies and reports
- Planning diagrams/layouts during schematic design, demonstrating ability to arrange a unified design
- Join team members on occasion for onsite observation of work during C.A. to monitor compliance with plans
- Periodically courier documents locally, as necessary
- Assist in proper documentation of project files
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- GPA of at least 3.0 is required
- Basic knowledge and experience with Revit
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases (Microsoft Office)
Submit resume to email@example.com. Salary based on qualifications and experience. HD Architects is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.